The Administrative/Finance Officer establish and maintains efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with BUSINESSMED administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent manages the day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the office; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly and annual accounts closure of the operation, proposes the administrative budgets of the office, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and BUSINESSMED Financial Rules.
The Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED) is the main representative of the private sector that reflects the interest of 22 Confederations of Enterprises around the two rimes of the Mediterranean.
Since its creation in 2004, BUSINESSMED became a key platform for multilateral cooperation dedicated to its confederations Member, a promoter of foreign direct investment, a lever for Mediterranean dialogue and socio-economic integration.
Our activities are mainly focused on the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As one of the major economic development clusters, BUSINESSMED seeks multiple objectives and missions such as:
- Increasing exchanges between the European Union and Mediterranean countries;
- Enhancing technological transfer and know-how toward South-Mediterranean countries;
- Increasing foreign direct investment flows;
- Implementing a regulatory framework for investors;
- Undertaking partnership actions between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying and business advocating for a wider participation of the private sector in the actions to be undertaken by governments in order to achieve a prosperous free trade area in the Mediterranean.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Manage the day-to-day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the office.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare a consolidated budget for BUSINESSMED ‘s projects
- Prepare detailed narrative and financial reporting
- Select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
- Certify BUSINESSMED financial expenditures.
- Maintaining Relationships with BUSINESSMED members, governmental financial organizations and SOLiD project Partners.
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance
- Job experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with Advanced University/Master’s Degree (4 years with University/Bachelor’s Degree).
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of Arabic language.
Please kindly send us a Resume and a Motivation Letter before September 30th to: